Nearly 10 years ago I started working here at the Ionia County Intermediate School District and quickly noticed our website was a little behind the times. When I wasn’t fixing computers I began work on a new website that would eventually go live in 2008. That hand coded design received a few face lifts over the years, yet its core had remained unchanged.
In the last few years I began researching replacement solutions so that the organization could deliver information better as well as improve administration of content. Approximately over the last 18 months in collaboration with every department a new solution was developed, designed, and now deployed.
This newly renovated website was designed to have a modern feel and was engineered to help you find resources faster. We recognize that there is a learning curve to anything new, so here are a couple quick pointers to help you get around:
- You can flip between current news articles and news on our Facebook feed right from the front page of the site by clicking on the News or Facebook button located above the rotating featured image.
- An archive of news articles is located under the About Us menu heading at the top of the page.
- Want to learn more about the various departments here at the ISD? You’ll find them under the Services menu header.
- Looking for a form, file, or other resource? Check out the Resource Library under the Resources menu heading. This area was designed to be a searchable one-stop-shop for all site resources. Additionally, there are category headers on this page to help you narrow your search for items relevant to specific departments.
- Wondering where your Staff Resources > Quick Links went? You’ll find these items also located under the Resources menu header.
- Looking for a familiar face? Check out our Staff Directory under the About Us menu header.
There are many more features for you to discover, so feel free to explore the new website! We’re still working to polish a few areas of the site and if you happen upon any bugs, please help us squash them by reporting them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Technical Support Specialist