To apply to work as a substitute Para-educator or Teacher

Looking for full-time, permanent employment through the ISD?

Most employees who are hired as a Health Care Aide or Teacher are found via the ESS (Formerly PCMI) substitute system.

Click here to apply!

Submitting a completed application does not guarantee or ensure an offer of employment with ESS (Formerly PCMI), or any of its client districts or affiliates.

Fingerprinting Information

Please do the following if you have already applied to work as a Substitute through ESS (formerly PCMI)

  • Call the Ionia County ISD (616-527-4900) for instructions, or stop by the ISD’s office to receive the appropriate
    paperwork to enable you to be fingerprinted. *

*If you have been fingerprinted through another school district, please ask to speak with Tracy Dickinson to
obtain a Criminal History Release form.

ESS (formerly PCMI) will not start your second phase of paperwork until the fingerprint results are received by
the Ionia County ISD.