Substitute Employment Information

To apply to work as a substitute Para-educator or Teacher

Looking for full-time, permanent employment through the ISD?  Most employees who are hired as a Health Care Aide or Teacher are found via the ESS/Willsub substitute system.

Click here to apply!

Submitting a completed application does not guarantee or ensure any offer of employment with ESS/Willsub or any of its client districts or affiliates.


Fingerprinting Information

If you have already applied to work as a Substitute through ESS/Willsub, please do the following:

  • Call the Ionia County ISD (616-527-4900) for instructions, or stop by the ISD’s office (8 am - 2 pm) to receive the appropriate paperwork to enable you to be fingerprinted. 
  • If you have had your fingerprints taken through another school district, contact Theresa Wiles (616-527-4900) to obtain a Criminal History Release form. 

ESS/Willsub will not start your second phase of paperwork until the fingerprint results are received by the Ionia County ISD.