IM Kids 3rd Meal
Visit Us: Our Website, On Facebook
IM Kids 3rd Meal is committed to ending childhood hunger in Ionia and Montcalm counties.
- In Ionia County 1 in 5 children are food insecure and in Montcalm County 1 in 4 are food insecure.
- Lack of enough healthy food can impair a child’s ability to concentrate and perform well in school.
- Hungry children struggle to stay on track with other students in school because they are more likely to experience headaches, stomachaches, colds, ear infections and fatigue.
IM Kids 3rd Meal Plan of Action
- The 3rd Meals are prepared by volunteers at the H.O. Steele Education Center, delivered to schools in the afternoon and then distributed to the students before they are dismissed for the day.
- Each 3rd Meal is a well-balanced, ready-to-eat evening meal.
- Students receive a 3rd Meal each school day.